Obsidian Writing & Consulting, LLC, Dearborn, MI
Founder, 2012 – present
- Research, recommend, and implement a constituent relations management (CRM) system.
- Streamline data repositories from a series of spreadsheets and two distinct databases to a single database, the selected-CRM, resulting in a cost savings of approximately 60%.
- Develop a system of procedures to manage and track data, disseminate that system through user training and policy manual development.
- Develop a system of reports that identify key, actionable data points on which the organization can build its fund development strategy.
- Write social media posts, email messages, and website content to cultivate the organization’s voice and brand.
- Redesigned client’s investment package brochure, transitioning it from an explanation of sponsorship levels to a compelling story and a call to action.
- Assisted with the design of the client’s e-newsletter.
- Wrote press releases and direct mail and website content, including designing a WordPress site to promote the Citizens for Dearborn Schools’ $76 million S.M.A.R.T. school bond proposal which passed with 68% of the vote.
- Reported for Corp! Magazine, a bi-monthly online and print business magazine covering Michigan and the surrounding region.
- Topics included Dearborn’s burgeoning art scene, millennials in the skilled trades, cyber security, female entrepreneurs, and working remotely.
- Reported for the Press & Guide, a Digital First Media publication covering news in Dearborn and Dearborn Heights.
- Topics included local elementary school events, art, city council meetings, human trafficking, and the Armenian Genocide.
Wayne Metropolitan Community Action Agency, Wyandotte, MI
Director of Grants & Information Management, 2010 – 12
Director of Information Management, 2008 – 10
- Designed and implemented a common set of data collection procedures, making program-level data transparent, streamlining client file documentation, and enhancing data analysis across like-programs.
- Developed a tool to store data from all programs, allowing a wide array of reports to be drawn from a single source, thus resolving data inconsistencies.
- Composed the agency’s annual narrative report, detailing accomplishments in all program areas, including after-school youth programs, homeless youth, early childhood education, tax preparation services, financial literacy, and many others.
- Planned and executed Google Apps installation for +200 staff, resolving existing email system failures and adding key functionality, including common scheduling and file sharing.
- Discovered IT billing errors worth +$25,000 annually.
- Enhanced the grants management record keeping system, insuring the succession of institutional knowledge for 60 contracts totaling over $8,000,000.
Dearborn Community Arts Council, Dearborn, MI
Treasurer, Board of Directors, 2018 – present
Freedom House, Detroit, MI
Treasurer/Chair, Board of Directors’ Finance Committee, 2015 – 17
Member, Board of Directors’ Finance Committee, 2013 – 15
Chair, Board of Directors’ Strategic Planning Committee, 2013
Haigh Footslogger Crew Walk to School Program, Dearborn, MI
Co-founder & Chief Crew Leader, 2013 – 16
University of Chicago, Chicago, IL
Master of Arts in International Relations, 1998
University of Michigan-Dearborn, Dearborn, MI
Bachelor of Arts in History & Political Science with Minor in Hispanic Studies, 1996
For my complete resume, please view